Tuesday 25 February 2014

Setting the neck up ready for gluing

When I opened the kit I noticed the neck had a bit of back bow when it arrived.  I tweaked the truss rod about half a turn and it straightened out perfectly.


Using a straight edge resting on identically size blocks of aluminium I was able to see the necks back bow.


 Some tweaks of the truss rod, about half a turn in all...


And it was soon dead straight.  I then left it a week to see if it would move anymore, it didn't so I was able to get on with leveling the frets with an oil stone.


 After leveling I re-crowned the frets with some needle files.


I then cut the headstock shape out.  This series of love hearts, one for each member of the family was designed by the girls.  Each heart will have their initial in it

No comments:

Post a Comment